The Sansin Corporation values and respects your privacy. This Privacy Statement describes how Sansin and its subsidiaries, related entities and affiliates collect, use, share, retains, and protects personal information, and of the choices you can make regarding your personal information.
SCOPE & ACCOUNTABILITY
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information collected by the operations of Sansin and its subsidiaries, related entities, and affiliates at physical locations in Canada and on their Canadian websites and domains, including, but not limited to, www.sansin.com, www.teaklife.com, www.pressurepluswood.com (collectively, “The Sansin Corporation”).
This Privacy Statement does not apply to:
- Sansin operations outside of Canada (including the websites supporting such operations), which may be subject to their own privacy statements and policies posted on their websites, such as www.sansin.co.uk
- Your interactions with third parties or their websites that are linked to or accessible from Sansin websites or that are operated by unaffiliated parties, even though the website may contain references to Sansin
- Sansin employment-related records (other than job applicant information)
- Sansin products sold by independent dealers (including any other activities by or communications from such dealers)
All employees and those working on behalf of Sansin are responsible for following this Privacy Statement. Sansin has a Privacy Officer who is responsible for overseeing Sansin compliance with this Privacy Statement. Please see “How to Contact Us” for information on how to contact Sansin’s Privacy Officer.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect your personal information in order to provide products and services to you, to communicate with you, to enhance our products, services, and operations, and for other operational, legal and compliance purposes. Below are some examples of personal information we collect:
- Identification information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, alias, address, phone number, or email address. We may also collect online identifiers, such as your IP address, when you browse our websites or use our applications. We may collect government-issued ID for certain types of transactions — but please provide government-issued ID information only if we ask you to.
- Transactional or commercial information, such as products or services you purchased or considered purchasing. We may also collect your payment card information when you complete a transaction.
- Online activities information, such as browsing history, search history, and other information when you interact with our websites, applications, and advertisements.
- Geolocation data, including precise geolocation data if you allow our application to collect it.
- Audio, electronic, or visual information, such as audio or video recording when you call us, but please note we may not be able to associate such recordings with you.
- Inferences or preferences we learn or infer about you.
- Other information about you, such as professional or employment-related information, or education information, when you provide us the information in a survey.
We do not knowingly collect or disclose personal information from youth or children under the age of 18 without parental or guardian consent. If a youth or child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us so that the information can be deleted.
WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF YOUR INFORMATION
We collect different types of information about you from a number of sources, including information you provide to us, information we automatically collect, information we obtain from other sources (specified below), and information we derive or infer about you.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
You may choose to provide us with information when you interact with us. Examples include:
- Identification information. You may provide your contact information, such as name, address, and phone number in case we need to reach out to you, such as arranging delivery or pickup. You may also set up your login and access credentials if you become a registered user of our websites. To complete transactions, we may collect your payment information and signatures. You can also provide your contact information, such as email, address, or phone number to receive promotional messages from us. If you apply for an account, we may request additional information such as your date of birth, income, and asset information and supplier references to evaluate your application. Sansin solely makes credit decisions and manages these accounts.
- Transactional or commercial information. You may provide or generate commercial information regarding your Sansin purchases, returns, exchanges, warranties, and rebates.
- Demographic information. You may provide your demographic information, including age, gender, marriage, and family status, such as when you complete a survey from us.
- Your preferences and inferences. You may let us know your preferences in a survey, contest, promotion or sweepstakes, or other content you submit, such as product reviews.
- Professional, educational employment-related information. You may also provide other professional, educational, or employment-related information when you respond to our surveys.
- Other personal information, such as your medical and insurance information, which may be provided in the unlikely event you are injured and/or your property is damaged as a result of any services and/or products we have provided to you. In such circumstances, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Privacy Statement, we will only use such information for the purpose of assessing and administering your injury or loss and any resulting claim and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY AUTOMATED MEANS
We collect information by automated means online and offline. When you use our websites or mobile applications, Sansin may collect certain information by using Cookies and Other Technologies.When call Sansin, we may collect audio information.
We collect the following information via automated means:
- Identification information, such as your IP address, device ID, cookie ID,
- Online activities, such as browse and search history, interactions with our websites, applications, clickstreams, or other information about your online interactions.
- Geolocation data. With your consent, we may collect certain information about your precise location through our mobile applications when it is in use to help you locate the nearest Sansin dealer or for analytic purposes.
- Audio, video, or electronic information, such as audio or video (if we engage in video chats with you) recording of the conversations with you when you interact with Sansin Care or other support lines which are used for quality control, training, security and analytic purposes. We may also use video monitoring at Sansin to enhance security, protect against theft and other crimes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
- Identification information. We may collect your contact information from Sansin affiliates, business partners, public sources, or other individuals, such as through “Sansin Care” and “Sansin IRIS” programs or if someone purchases a product from a dealer and asks that it be delivered to you.
- Transactional or commercial information. We may obtain your commercial information, such as your purchase history, from Sansin affiliates.
INFORMATION WE GENERATE OR DERIVE
- Inferences or preference information about you. We may generate or derive some information about you based on other information we collect. For instance, we may analyze your information and infer your shopping preferences to provide tailored recommendations to you. We may also conduct analyses based on aggregated or de-identified information.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information for various business or commercial purposes, including fulfilling products and services, communicating with you, supporting and enhancing our business functions, and for other legal, compliance, and security purposes.
FULFILL PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND TRANSACTIONS
We may use your information to provide products and services to you, such as:
- Provide and deliver products and services, fulfill your orders and transactions, manage returns and exchanges
- Process, record and track your purchases, payments, returns, warranties, and rebates
- Provide you with navigation and mapping services and help you find dealer locations near you
- Fulfill benefits associated with architectural and maintenance programs or other use of our products and services
- Identify and verify your identity when needed to provide you with products and services or access to our systems
- Determine whether to extend commercial credit to you
FACILITATE CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION AND OUTREACH
We may use your information to facilitate and tailor our outreach to you, such as:
- Identify and communicate with you through various channels with transactional or promotional information, such as transaction confirmation and reminder, newsletters, coupons, and other messages
- Evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications
- Administer programs for product reviews and surveys as submitted by you and other customers
ENHANCE OUR PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND OPERATIONS
We may use the information we collect listed above to enhance our products, services, and operations:
- Conduct research and internal analytics, develop new products and services, perform market research and data analytics, and analyze our products, services, websites, and applications
- Customize your experiences at dealer stores and online, including customized advertisements and offers
- Determine and manage the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing
- Administering our websites and applications, and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities
COMPLY WITH LEGAL, COMPLIANCE, LAW ENFORCEMENT, AND SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
We may use your information for legal, compliance, fraud prevention, and security purposes:
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms, such as our Terms and Conditions of Use
- Assist law enforcement and respond to regulatory inquiries
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for that activity
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share your personal information with unaffiliated entities only with your proper implied or express consent. Specifically, we share your personal information to conduct business with service providers and business partners and comply with legal requirements.
SERVICE PROVIDERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS
We may disclose your personal information to companies that provide various services to us in areas, such as order processing and fulfillment, information technology, marketing, customer service, fraud prevention, legal, compliance and risk management. These companies may need access to information about you in order to perform their functions.
In limited cases, and with your knowledge, we may disclose information about you to a third party who may also use the information for their own specific purposes. For instance, we may provide your information to a dealer in connection with product inquiries.
LEGAL, ENFORCEMENT, SECURITY, AND INVESTIGATION
We may disclose information about you (1) if we believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (2) as we deem appropriate or necessary in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities or tax authorities; (3) when we believe disclosure is appropriate or necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Sansin, our customers or others, including to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss or to collect debt you owe; or (4) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
SALE OR TRANSFER OF BUSINESS OR ASSETS
If all or any portion of our business is acquired (including, without limitation, in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), your personal information related to the acquired business may be transferred to the purchaser but Sansin will require that your personal information only be used by the purchaser and its affiliates in compliance with this Privacy Statement.
We may share your information within our corporate group for the purposes contemplated in this Privacy Statement. Where we share your information within our corporate group, we use contractual and other measures to ensure that such information is protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
SANSIN INDEPENDENT DEALERS
We may also provide your personal information to dealers that supply Sansin for order fulfillment, rebate management, and other purposes to facilitate your transactions.
HOW WE RETAIN AND PROTECT INFORMATION
Sansin retains personal information for as long as it is necessary to process related transactions, maintain appropriate financial and audit records, provide and improve our products and services, protect Sansin legitimate business interests, and for as long as may be required by applicable laws.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed and intended to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Despite these safeguards, due to inherent uncertainty in the use of the internet and information systems and the potential for unlawful attacks by third parties, we cannot guarantee that the use of our systems, websites, or applications will be completely safe or secure.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES – GIVE AND WITHDRAW CONSENT
GIVE AND WITHDRAW CONSENT
We obtain your implied or express consent appropriate for the type of personal information being collected, used, or disclosed in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You may withdraw consent for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, and reasonable notice.
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. If you request Sansin to do so, Sansin will take reasonable steps to destroy or delete active personal information that you have provided to us. In some circumstances, the withdrawal of consent to retain, use, or disclose your personal information may impact our capability to provide products or services to you. Please also note, we need to keep certain information when permitted by law to complete the transactions, prevent fraudulent or illegal activities, identify and repair errors, comply with laws and regulations, and for other solely internal and lawful purposes.
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for the purpose of sending you our newsletters and the latest offers by e-mail by unsubscribing. Each commercial e-mail will provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe. You will still receive transactional e-mails when you make a purchase online.
You may make a written request to Sansin’s Privacy Officer at the How to Contact Us address below. When submitting a withdrawal of consent, you will be asked to provide suitable identification or to otherwise identify yourself.
ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to keep accurate information by using technology and management processes and policies. Upon receipt of a written request, Sansin will provide individuals with reasonable access to the personal information they provided to Sansin as well as the ability to correct the information, if necessary. To protect your privacy and security, Sansin will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before releasing any information to the requesting party and before any corrections will be made. Sansin may request appropriate proof of the requested corrections.
If you are a registered user of our websites, you can view or update your registration information by logging into your account.
OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies refer to small packets of data that websites send to your computer or other internet-connected devices. Sansin and our business partners may use them for different purposes. These technologies can uniquely identify your browser and log information, such as your device type, system and browser information, IP address, system language, location, and your interactions with the site. Like other websites, we need some essential cookies for our website to function properly. We also use some functional cookies to pre-populate your log-in ID to make it easier for you or to help us remember where you left off when you shopped, so you do not have to restart all over again. We may use browser cookies, flash cookies, and other types of local storage.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Sansin websites and applications may include social media features (for example, a Facebook “Like” button or sign in with Facebook or Google). These features are connected to third-parties and may allow such third parties to collect certain information, such as your IP address and which pages you visit on our websites. These social media features are not operated by Sansin. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the company providing the features.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS
We collect information from you during your job application, including: (1) identification information, such as your name, address, phone number, email, application portal account credentials and government-issued ID (if asked), (2) online activities, such as your interactions with our Career Portal, (3) professional or employment-related information, such as employment status; employment history, references or your résumé, (4) education information, such as your education background, (5) geolocation information, (6) demographic information, personal or family employment affiliation with Sansin, (7) audio, video or electronic information, when you communicate with us during your application or interview process and (8) other personal information, if it identifies, relates and can be reasonably associated with or linked to you. We use the information for evaluation, background check, communication and analytic purposes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Sansin values your opinions. If you have a privacy inquiry, compliment or complaint, you may direct your inquiry, compliment or complaint to Sansin’s Officer at email@example.com or by submitting a written request to:
The Sansin Corporation
Attn: Privicy Officer
111 MacNab Ave
Strathroy, ON N7G 4J6
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
If Sansin changes this Privacy Statement, Sansin will post the revised statement in its entirety on its websites and other applicable websites with an updated revision date. If Sansin makes significant changes to the way it collects or uses personal information, Sansin may also notify you by other means such as sending an e-mail or posting a notice on the website.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Conditions of Sale
The only obligation of the manufacturer and seller shall be to replace such quantity of Sansin product that is proven to be defective. Proof of purchase is required. Seller or manufacturer shall not be liable for any loss or damage connected with the use and/or handling of this product. All labor costs are specifically excluded. User should determine suitability of product for the intended use before application. User assumes all risk and liability in connection therewith. This warranty is expressly made in lieu of any and all other rights, warranties, conditions and remedies, express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranty or condition arising out of a course of dealing, a custom or usage of trade. If any distributor or seller of product offers warranties or remedies which differ from those offered by Sansin, Sansin accepts no responsibilities for such warranties or remedies.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Information, including images, photographs, videos or text (collectively referred to as “Content”) presented on Sansin and their affiliates Web sites and referring to products, services, or technologies is protected under copyright law and other treaties and statutes.
Visitors may use the Content for personal use. The explicit consent of Sansin is required for use exceeding this scope (including reproduction, modification, transmission, distribution and transfer).
Except as stated above, Sansin grants Visitors no copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights relating to content.
In cases where specific usage conditions are indicated for individual Content items, those conditions take precedence.
Trade names, trademarks and emblems of Sansin or of third parties used on Sansin and their affiliates Web sites are protected under the Trademarks Law, the Unfair Competition Prevention Law and other statutes. They may not be used without the explicit consent of their rightful owners.
Returns and Exchanges
ALL SALES ARE FINAL –
No returns, exchanges or refunds. Shipping charges are not refundable. We do not accept returns or exchanges unless the item you purchased is defective. If you receive a defective item, please contact us at 877-7726-7461 with details of the product and the defect.
Please report items that are damaged, defective or missing within 3 days of delivery by filling out our online returns form here after after contacting us at the above number.
Freight: Standard shipping is ground delivery to you’re your address inside North America, without inclusion of any extra services and charges, including tailgate, liftgate, carry-in, missed window, etc. Responsibility for the incurrence and payment of any such charges is the complete responsibility of you the buyer To avoid any unneccessary or unwanted charges, we recommend that you review, verify, and document the services being provided with the delivery driver prior to unloading. Review and Verify: Are the Bill of Lading, Packing Slip and other paperwork correct? Inspect: Is the quantity, quality and condition of the order acceptable? All boxes (even if they do not appear damaged) should be opened to check for concealed damages. Inspect the freeze tabs (found in the colored envelope on shipment in colder season only). If your shipment is complete and in good order, accept by signing the bill of lading. If your shipment is incomplete or damaged, please document any discrepancies directly on the waybill and have the driver sign to acknowledge. The Sansin Corporation will not assume responsibility or liability for delivery problems if discrepancies are not noted on the waybill. Take Action: Please notify your Teak Life representative with all problems within 24 hours by telephone (877) 726-7461. Do not contact the shipping company directly.